Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Remembering the 80s

I bought "Back to The Old Skool 2" CD last week and for some reasons, I have been playing it pretty often. It's the nostalgic 80s that somehow feels so good.

Like it reminds me of "Dirty Dancing", it was 1987 I think, when I was in Primary 3. I remember the popular girls talking about it after watching it in the movies. I was only watching cartoons like carebear, snow white brought to by my mum at the movies then. Anyway, I finally watched it on TV 2 years later and I love it. From there onwards, I have always made it a point to watching dancing shows like "Dirty Dancing 2", Step Up 1& 2", "Centrestage", "Save the last dance", "How she moves" The Company", "Honey", "Take the Lead" etc. It is so amazing to see body and dance as an art with the music and how the dancers are so into it. Dancing is so sexy!

Yes, and "Pretty Woman" is another favorite. Richard Gere is oh so handsome then. (He has aged alot in "Night In Rondanthe" that I've just watched) and Julia Roberts was the ultimate sexy goddess way before Angelina Jolie. It was a fun Cinderella movie where the poor meet her prince charming and lives happily ever after and oh yes, the shopping! Which girl wouldn't want that? SO COOL! hahaha. So yes, I bought the DVD to hubby's disbelief. 

So many more DVDs to collect.

There is another happy movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" with Diane Lane. Lovely story, beautiful set and scenery. I want to go to Tuscany and Greece. But somehow seems all sold out. Can't seems to find the movie in stock.

Gosh I wrote so much and actually all I wanted to do is to add this video "If you Leave" by OMD. heh. I'm tired now.


No comments: