Friday, April 3, 2009

I think I will be better - Hopefully

I had a bit of a scare because of my fainting attack. I didn't get better and was very weak and giddy and we decided to go to A&E.
Overall to cut the long story short, I was diagnosed to have a one time attack and not on any medication for now. Apparently the Dr (a Prof some more) thinks it's very common to have such attack and I quote "even people dancing in pub can have one" (erm).

My CT scan was ok and am now waiting for my EEG report, out maybe next week.

So after spending a day admitted in the ward, I was very happy and excited to be discharged yesterday. I came home and showered and I slept from 4 to 7!

I truly feel blessed to be alive and hopefully well as long as I can be. I was quite a baby at the ward and to much embarrassment, the nurses and Drs were very kind to me. The night nurse found me crying and it's one of those times when you are so scared and worried that you just cannot stop. She comforted me, let me sit at the nurses' station and made me Milo. That night I had a fainting episode again, the ground was moving and my head was light headed and my hands and feet were numb. I was confined to bed and feeling more scared, cried some more. In the end, my hubby came and held my hand. 

Dearie, I want to thank you for going through this with me, for staying and waiting while I was stuck in the A&E recovery room and you sitting alone in the visitor's waiting area for close to 4 hours. The recovery room was a chaotic mess, trolleys in and out (it's my first time there and hopefully the last). I'm sorry for waking you at 1 am and causing you not to sleep the entire night. But you comfort me and I feel safe with you.

The CT scan and EEG was an eye opener, the technician showed me the probes and my reading on the computer screen but the DR will have to analyse it and write the report. While capturing the awake mode, she flashes bright lights in my eyes (my eyes were closed) and made me breathe in and out very quickly for 3 mins  to collect some readings. These made my headache worse and my limbs numb and tingly. In the sleep mode, she played some music and I tried to relax and sleep. I think I did sleep for a short while and she was satisfied with the readings. The whole procedure took 30 min or longer.

so the good news is that I'm home and recovering. Though my right side is still slightly weaker, it seems this is the residual effect and will go away. My TCU is on 1 June and I will pray that the test report is ok.

To my dearest friends, I'm ok so don't worry ok? Thank you for your concern and love and well wishes across the ocean. Muaks.

No comments: