Thursday, October 15, 2009

Japan Short Notes #7

I'm back! Came back safely last Wed, avoiding the typhoon storming inland Japan but had a really bumpy ride out as the plane 
flew through the turbulence at Japan and Taiwan. There was a short period where the stewardess had to be buckled up.
I feel rather sluggish the last few days after we came back, the weather was so hot and humid, I didn't want to move very much,
just the act of unpacking make me sweat like a pig! I really think the weather plays an important part of our mentl alertness.. in 
Japan, I woke up at around 6am daily ( that's 5am sg time!) but will try to sleep again and wake up at 9am and I don't feel tired 
during the day. But back home, I can't get up till 10+ and I'm STILL tired all the time!
Hubby suggested that it could be due to my recent menses.. I think that plus the horrible horrible SG weather! And of course, the 
fact that the sun rises later here (Japan sun rises around 5.30am) and the rays doesn't burn my butt in bed here =D
I think I will take awhile to finish my Japan short notes so please bear with me =P


+++++++


Day 9 - 24/09/09

We had a great buffet lunch at Yokohama Bay Quarters.
The selection was rather good even though we were surprise
at how delicate looking the plates are. 

We were "forced" to be refined and not heap food on our plates. Haha.

We shopped around I saw the tea shop Lucipia and it had limited edition tea 
leaves concocted specially for Yokohama 150th anniversary.
I bought their sakura spring tea last year in Hokkaido and I want to buy the 
special autumn blend with chestnuts this time. But I didn't buy it then and I 
thought I could get it when we return after our tour. Unfortunately I didn't pass 
the shop again and I didn't buy it in the end! *Boohoo*
The tea was nice! The shop gave us samples to drink.. so sad.
Just found out that Lucipia has shops in Australia!

The webpage is the translated version so some of the sentences does not make much sense.

This is the actual webpage but it's in Japanese.

No comments: