Sunday, November 23, 2008

利利分明 Fried Rice



I've got a feeling that the mandarin characters are not quite right, but what  meant to say is that "every grain of rice is distinct".

I have watched a lot of TV shows that show how to fry a good plate of fried rice, the heat must be right and the motion of frying must be quick. 

Frying "利利分明" rice the "TV" way is tiring! Haha.. I tried it 2 Sudays ago. I have learnt that the best way to fry rice is to heat the oil, pour in the beaten egg, then the rice and fry it VERY quickly! This is to ensure that each grain of rice is coated with the egg and that the rice do not clump together.
By frying with the correct heat temperature can ensure that the rice is not too soggy.

Ok, so this is just a one time experiment and it is far from perfect... but just look at my rice.. it looks so good eh?

No comments: